I was going to make the requisite NSYNC joke, but then the president beat me to it. Thanks, Obama.
Anyway, spring is here, and St. John’s is still much a dead, brown, barren wasteland. Which is way better than a barren wasteland covered in salty, dirty mountains of snow, so I’ll take it!
Very Important Statistics for April:
- Emails sent/received about Captain America: 3711
- Episodes of Scooby Doo watched: 34
- Money left in my pocket after a cutthroat rummoli game: $0.35
- Cryptic messages left to myself in my phone when waking up in the middle of the night: 3
- Bioware characters successfully romanced: 2
- Library fines accidentally racked up from an Old Norse textbook I’ve had out for over a year and never once opened: $8.002
- Weird contraptions MacGyvered in attempt to retrieve wayward koosh ball from shed roof: 4
- Fights gotten into because someone was painfully, stubbornly wrong on the internet: ZERO, because I am a true hero and all should admire my restraint
…I swear this all seemed way less pathetic when I was living it. I’ve been crossing things off my to-do list left and right, so it feels like it’s been a fantastic, successful month, but I’m pretty sure one does not win the Internet Olympics by posting about how they cleaned out their makeup drawer or decoded the weirdly incoherent instruction booklet for the sewing machine. Anyway, May’s got lots of fun things to do and shiny things to take pictures of, so here’s to a way less painfully dull stats post.
1 Did you know gmail automatically starts a new email conversation after 100 emails? I do now!
2 LUCKILY, I’m pretty sure the librarian who scanned my returned books took pity on me and made it all go away. Thanks, librarian! You are a true pal. May your joys be many, your sorrows few, and your fingers immune to papercuts.