Did you miss Free Comic Book Day? I didn’t, but it’s the first time in a few years I’ve made it down, so I feel your pain. I made out like a bandit this year, and it’s not too late for you to do the same!
- Nimona is heading towards its conclusion, so you should read it and be sad with me that even the best things must come to an end.
- Help Us Great Warrior is probably the most fun thing on the internet.
- Camodad is good in general; specifically, I am never going to stop crying with laughter over this one.
- Comixology recently put up a bunch of free comics (limited time only!) — I haven’t had a chance to look through these ones yet, but I will never not rec Becky Cloonan. And if you miss out on these particular ones, there’s always the other freebies up there. Saga and Chew are a good place to start.
- Marvel and DC both have disappointingly few decent offerings on their own sites, but Ms Marvel, Swamp Thing, and Doom Patrol are worth your time.
- Dark Horse has a more satisfying digital selection than the Big Two — check out BPRD, Hellboy, Umbrella Academy, and Witchfinder for starters, as well as Mass Effect if that’s your kind of thing (it’s definitely mine!) And of course, given today’s date, check out their Star Wars offerings, including their Legacy bundle, KotR bundle, and Empire bundle.
Happy reading, and May the 4th be with you! (I couldn’t not, I’m sorry.)